What adds value to your space without costing a fortune?
Some starting inventory ideas:
- open wifi, several wired connections
- lockers to hold projects or whatever,
- private desks with computers, probably running linux,
- shared work tables
- whiteboard for collaboration and a log of past conversations for others to see,
- projectors to demo ideas (can project onto curtains, frosted windows, or walls to entice people about what's going on inside),
- cork board to hold asynchronous* conversations, build creative ideas into projects and form an organizational memory (see also the World Game),
- a stereo system if you're chill enough to have good HackerSoundScapes,
- a well-curated library,
- radio station for beaming out your revolution.
- shelf space with supplies and products for/from the space,
- lounge area for members to hang out,
- a kitchen for the late-nite hackathons.
- bike rack to reward those living the dream
- parts drawers, raw material piles,
- tools for taking things apart
...it's a stub, fill it out
Asynchronous: non-sequentially, non-linear, anything outside of a two-way conversation in the present moment.