Questions with Judy
- Everything is "good to go" for the end of Feb
- We need a memorandum of understanding
- 3 month length?
- revisit after 3mo universally
- Ben will follow up with Judy on MOU, with Anthony's help
- our committee signs with NOIC
- our members will sign a membership agreement with us
- key decisions that NOIC should be involved in
- they want to review our membership agreement when we create it
How can NOIC help us?
- perhaps an event before we move into the big lab
- applying for local funding (TBay Ventures)
- getting NOTA's money
- use for capital expenses/security deposit
- in line with their mandate too
- should we apply for funding before moving into the new space?
- it's a defined "project" - the startup of a community space
- city money?
- "community foundation"
How do we help NOIC?
- we're an idea incubator supporting their mandate
- we help ideas spark that may eventually lead to products and businesses
- they won't be strict on us mentioning them
- won't require a logo or anything
- we should involve them in events, press, etc.
- we'll call it a "partnership"
- set up a separate account
- membership fees deposit into
- their existing purchasing policy
- items over $1000 require 3 quotes
- we want to amend this into the agreement
- spending our own money = OK
- not sure about signing authority, cheques, etc.
- they will have to sign service agreements (internet, etc) and tenant insurance
- IP always remains with the inventors
- we'll have to revisit this one
- may send the wrong impression
- creativity is good, but we don't want people to think that everything has to be open-source
Questions for Leigh
- everyone vote for them on FB
- we'll summarize and revisit
- documenting projects
- managing things created
- keep track of owners of projects, etc
- we want to document what we're doing in the space
- communicate for media, to members
- event idea!
- open vs nominated?
- every new member must be nominated by a member
- bring them in
- introduce them to 2 other members
- all members
- be excellent to each other
- get a poster? It works for Noisebridge...
- full member - $50
- get a vote - control
- 24h access - accessibility
- eligible for committee nomination
- workshops - material costs only
- student - $30
- must be a registered student
- everything else the same as full
- discount on workshops?
- Open house nights
- once a month?