MEETING MINUTES - 12/1/2013
- Wide-ranging discussion over dinner
- People seem to like the idea of an inclusionary space for non-experts to do and learn stuff
- Not calling it a “hacker” space and opening it explicitly to other uses besides coding and tech (gendered male and exclusionary) might help in that regard
- Meeting every week to do and learn stuff seems like a good place to start
- Trying to figure out how to make the basement a place we like seems like a good first project
- Having a wiki with lists for stuff we want to learn and teach and projects we want to work on seems good too
Next Meeting 'Saturday, December 28, Noon at The Cupcakes Basement'
There will be food, and it will be our first co-learning session. the subject of the co-learning session is "how to make this basement feel like a place we want to be in a lot." Topic 1: how to make a dehumidifier out of an air conditioner.
To do before the meeting:
- make a page on hackerspaces.org (done!)
- everyone, go to that page, and add:
- things you can learn and teach
- projects you want to work on
- objects you want or have for the space
- dehumidifier considerations
A few other next steps we talked about:
- group scavenging trip(s) for materials -- [redacted] have car(s)
- pick up dehumidifier from [redacted] next saturday morning
- you can ask for help editing the wiki if you don't know how!