Back to Meetings.
THIS IS JUST AN ARCHIVE OF SOURCE PAD FOUND AT https://pads.ccc.de/pMy75PdxaW
- Census Bot
- When is an entity a hackerspace that should be listed on HSo?
- Modality of next meeting
- wiki stuff
ATTENDEES: zeno4ever, bronsen, buZz, webmind "->" means some sort of conclusion or decision
- 1. census bot
Hackerspace Census if space no active and no mail, close or manual
-> The bot checks weekly for pages that have not been updated in 12 months. -> It uses certain criteria to determine how to flag those pages.
- Criteria so far: calendar entries, rss, social media, and more
- One flag is added by a hidden text, so the bot won't run again for 12 months. - Currently it also changes the "status" to _closed_ when certain criteria are met.
-> Future changes
- The bot will create log pages in the HSo wiki in a dedicated namespace - Instead of setting "status" to _closed_, it will set it to _suspected_inactive_ (human editors can then filter for such pages and manually set an appriate status) - The bot will use its own account for such edits. - Bot will add pages to a category, for humans to check
- 2. When is an entity a hackerspace that should be listed on HSo?
What is a hackerspace. Are we ok with commercial companies (ponoko) to use hs.org?
Criteria for a hackerspace are :
-> Idea: spaces should pass all of the exclusion criteria and meet some of the inclusion criteria -> Exclusion
- no purely commercial entities on HSo - providing office or workspace for rent and nothing else
- non-profit status - community-oriented, for example by and for hackers - has members (as opposed to visitors or employees only) - meet at their own space (could also have shared bits, but something to call from the community)
-> these criteria should be displayed on the creation page
- 3. Modality of next meeting
- Should we try to move to some other technology than IRC? -> there does not seem to be a desire to move away from IRC, the next meetup will happen on 2020-06-08 14:00 UTC in IRC again.
- Should we try to move to e.g. jitsi (https://jitsi.nluug.nl/Hackerspaces.org) or bigbleubutton?
- 4. wiki stuff
Template : add github? add telegram / matrix ? add type of space (fablab / hackerspace / makerspace / coworking space / other) default to hackerspace for all entries if possible add wheelchairaccessibilty
-> zeno4ever and buzz will update the templates to add suggested fields and 'type of space'
Edit wiki page - preview, edit with form - captcha? (normal edit already has a sorta captcha , https://i.imgur.com/wSVlgoX.png )
Wiki general -> thumbnails / images broken? (g5pw was notified, and still needs to look at it) many 504 messages, implement monitor system? (like PRTG)