Ergonomics: the relationship between you and the machine. Generally speaking, outside bourgie luxury-liners, the more information you have about the status of the machine while in use, the safer and more efficient your vehicle will be.
- temperature, engine areas, transmission (if any)
- air flow and quality, rear/mid-engine: air filters at doors to see condition, for example
- exhaust data: unburned hydrocarbons, color
- Sight glass for checking oil levels and clarity. Even a periscope with illumination button.
- Bucket seats provide distrubtion of your weight across larger surface area, making less trouble-spots.
- full visibility either with mirrors or glass.