A collection of links to start off:
- Book "Con Nuestros Propios Esfuerzos" (1992)
- Link: http://www.technologicaldisobedience.com/2016/05/16/book-con-nuestros-propios-esfuerzos-verde-olivo-cuba-1992/
- Video about book (Motherboard/Vice, 8min) : https://www.reddit.com/r/Documentaries/comments/56y79l/cubas_diy_inventions_from_30_years_of_isolation/
- On Hackaday: https://hackaday.com/2013/10/10/cuba-a-diy-society/
Dcht00 notes: "It's important to read around the western propaganda/chauvinism ("they were poor in socialism so they resorted to doing this weird things") and just see it for the cool stuff that it is"
- Great upcoming writeup!! by roflcopter.fr ###
- Were, are there hacklab-like (community organized, open) places in Cuba?
- Did this presentation by Cameron Guthrie in Havana have any local echo? https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268464049_Empowering_the_hacker_in_us_a_comparison_of_fab_lab_and_hackerspace_ecosystems
- What are the "youth computer clubs" (YCCs)? Can we establish connections and bi-directional learnings with them?