|Country||United States of America|
State or District
Date of founding
Size of rooms
757 Labs was a 3800 square foot hackerspace located in Norfolk, Virginia. It was only a few miles away by car from Hampton, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth and Chesapeake. It was a block away from Granby street, with a number of bars and eateries accessible by foot. The front faces the new light rail tracks, with stations being built a few blocks away.
Please visit our website, and jump on the mailing list (you have to subscribe to post to it) if you are interested in coming to visit. An alternative is irc (irc.757.org/#proto or #hackerspace.) The space is located on the ground floor of the 9 story office building, and has direct outside access. Parking is restricted during business hours but evenings and weekends bring 100+ parking spaces.
Our online calendar tracks public events.
Resources at the lab include:
- Main meeting area complete w/ A/V resources (projection screen, audio, etc)
- Multiple pan/tilt/zoom cameras, mics, video feed from projector for recording
- A chillout space featuring couches and arcade machines
- 2nd conference table with more audio/video resources
- Electronics work area with tables, tools
- Test equipment, Embedded boards galore, parts
- Heavier equipment work area and storage
- Drill press, saws, etc
- Cube farm for ... (purpose unknown)
- Server racks for test lab and internal A/V
- Sun, SGI, Alpha, PC, RS/6000, Cray, NetApp, Cisco, more
- CNC router, Laser Engraver, RepRap being built at the moment
I think we're off to a great start, but we always need like minded individuals for projects!
If you are local, please don't hesitate to reach out to us today. We need involvement to keep things going.