Universal Grid Computing
|Universal Grid Computing|
|Why||Free web access, free storage, free processing.|
|Where||List yours now!, Alpha One Labs|
|Tags||distributed, grid computing, super computer, storage, data sharing, search, ect.|
Information does not want to be expensive.
- Throw a 'recycle that old computer' drive
- Network computers within the space and network them with the hackerspace grid
- Agree on standards and interface:
- To enable any standards and interfaces produced or used by anyone
- Describe the above in rigorous detail for ease of replication
- Use it for whatever: store documents, search engine, gift economy, e-mail, determine optimal choices, locate free materials to fab free stuff, photorealistically model the universe, ect.
Elastic Utility Computing Architecture Linking Your Programs To Useful Systems - is an open-source software infrastructure for implementing "cloud computing" on clusters. The current interface to Eucalyptus is compatible with Amazon's EC2, S3, and EBS interfaces, but the infrastructure is designed to support multiple client-side interfaces. Eucalyptus is implemented using commonly available Linux tools and basic Web-service technologies making it easy to install and maintain.
Grid Computing Network http://www.gridcomputing.com/
Task allocation and partitioning of social insects as an example of network processes in the biological domain