|Country||United States of America|
State or District
Date of founding
216 W Michigan Ave
USD $55/month individual, $30/month student/teacher, $80/month family; quarterly and yearly pricing also available.
|Location||42° 14' 29", -83° 36' 55"|
Founded in May of 2018, TinkerTech is bringing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) education and community to downtown Ypsilanti, MI. We’ve focused on creating a welcoming environment, even for those with no experience in programming or electronics. Learn the power of circuits and programming. Use our makerspace tools to create your own electronic devices. Fabricate parts on our 3D printer and laser cutter. Find out what you’ll make today!
TinkerTech is a:
- Makerspace & electronic component retail store — TinkerTech has high quality tools and electronic components for your project.
- STEAM education center (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math) — hosting project-based workshops and hands-on experiences. We strive to provide educational opportunities for children and adults of Ypsilanti. Further, we offer children’s summer camps for children entering grades 4 through 12.
- Custom electronics design & software development service — TinkerTech supports other businesses with custom embedded software development and electronics design services. If you have a problem in need of a technological solution, contact us to find out how.
|Family (2 Adults)||$80||$210||$775|
See TinkerTech's membership page for current pricing and membership options.
Classes have been taught through TinkerTech over a variety of topics, including:
- Intro to electricity and analog circuits
- Intro to digital circuits
- Safety checkout classes:
- Laser cutter
- 3D printer
- For kids:
- DIY secret decoder ring (ages 7+)
- Embedded computing & microcontrollers:
- Intro to Arduino
- Arduino sensor lab
- Arts & crafts:
- Custom laser cut jewelry
- Laser cut stamp making
- Music & audio projects:
- Kastle All-in-One Synthesizer Module
- DIY Guitar Fuzz Pedal
- Intro to Python
- Digital fabrication:
- Intro to SolidWorks (3D CAD)
See TinkerTech's classes page for currently taught classes and more information.
- 1 – 100W Laser Cutter
- 1 – Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printer
- 3 – Rigol DS1054Z Oscilloscope – 4 Channel, 50MHz
- 1 – Rigol DG1022 Arbitrary Function Generator – 2 Channel, 20MHz
- 2 – Rigol DG1022Z Arbitrary Function Generator – 2 Channel, 25MHz
- 3 – Rigol DP832 Digital Programmable Power Supply – 2 Channel 0-30V, 1 Channel 0-5V
- 1 – Fluke 115 Multimeter
- 1 – Fluke 17B+ Multimeter
- 1 – Fluke 18B+ Multimeter
- 3 – Hakko FX-951-66 Soldering Station
- 2 – Hakko FA-43o-16 Fume Extractor
- ESD Safe Work Bench
- 3 – Computer Workstation w/ Dual Monitors
- EAGLE (Circuit Design)
- SolidWorks (Mechanical Design)
- Fusion360 (Mechanical Design)
- 1 – Computer Workstation w/ Single Monitor
- LightBurn (Laser Cutting)
- 1 – Workshop set of littleBits
|This Hackerspace has a||Lasercutter|
|This Hackerspace has a||3D Printer|
|This Hackerspace has a||Oscilloscope|
|This Hackerspace has a||Soldering Iron|