Tel Aviv Makers Intl.
|Tel Aviv Makers Intl.|
|Date of founding||2010/05/08|
Shoken 19, Tel Aviv
|Number of members||30|
|Membership fee||200 ILS monthly, payable by cash, bitcoin, or paypal directly to the amuta bank account: https://wiki.telavivmakers.org/index.php/Money_Matters|
|Size of rooms||~200 m^2|
|Members||AlonLevy, Ehud, Shekel, Yuvadm|
|Open to Exchanges?||yes|
|Open to Residencies?||maybe|
|Location||32° 3' 9.65" N, 34° 46' 20.78" E|
Tel Aviv Makers Intl. (TAMI) is currently the largest hackerspace in Israel. We are an active community of about two dozen hackerspace members, and many more visitors and friends. TAMI is home to many activities ranging from hardware, electronics and woodworking to free and open-source software, biology and food hacking.
The space is open almost all the time, 24/7. Members have keys, and visitors are always welcome!
TAMI wiki @ http://wiki.telavivmakers.org
TAMI has approx. 160 m^2 of working spaces, that include:
- Electronics table, fully equipped with mechanical tools, soldering tools, scopes, logic analyzers, and basic electronic parts (resistors, capacitors, ICs, etc.)
- Hardware room with plenty of scrap wood and other materials to work with, table saw, band saw, drills, vast collection of nuts and bolts, nails and screws, and the necessary safety equipment.
- Metal working area with welding equipment, and proper ventilation.
- CNC room with a partially-working CNC mill, as well as hand-operated vertical and horizontal milling machines.
- 3D printer station (which might be under maintenance sometimes, ask beforehand)
- Central computing area with Linux, BSD and Windows workstations for anyone to use freely
- Laptop lounge on the elevated gallery
- Chem/Bio lab - coming soon
- Library housing plenty of books and reference material
- Kitchen for any of your culinary needs (including homebrewing and TamiCola, patent pending)
- Audio and video equipment (stereo system, HD projector)
- ATtami - an ATtiny85-based self-designed board
- Arig mesh network project
- OpenNAS cluster
- Skateboard carving
- SLE4442 memory card hacking
- Weekly UNIX/GNU/Linux workshops
- OccupyWifi workshops
- Software-defined Radio (SDR) meetups
- Quasi-monthly soldering workshops
TAMI is open to anyone and everyone who wants to visit, we are open almost every single day.
If you want to drop by, either:
- Ping the mailing list with your intentions (day/time), and see when other members are planning to be there
- Ping the IRC channel, and hope not everyone is idling
- For spontaneous visits, check the webcam stream for activity (== space is open feel free to drop by)
- Plan on visiting on Wednesdays starting at 18:00, which is the weekly co-working evening.
|This Hackerspace has a||Lathe|
|This Hackerspace has a||Sewing Machine|
|This Hackerspace has a||Kitchen|
|This Hackerspace has a||Drill Press|
|This Hackerspace has a||Air Compressor|
|This Hackerspace has a||Soldering Iron|
|This Hackerspace has a||Hot Air Rework Station|
|This Hackerspace has a||Welder|
|This Hackerspace has a||Oscilloscope|
|This Hackerspace has a||Bandsaw|
|This Hackerspace has a||Manual Mill|