|Why||Because we can... and for fun and non-profit, of course.|
|Where||Metalab, Randomdata, RevSpace, Alpha One Labs, I3_Detroit|
|Who||Fish, Astera, GMC, Headhntr, socialhack, psytek, kugg|
|Tags||signal, radio, podcast, station, show|
Signal is the radio station dedicated to hackers, hacking, hacks and everything related.
Live with a new show on every Thursday from 10 pm - 12 am CEST | 08 pm - 10 pm UTC | 04 pm - 06 pm EDT | 01 pm - 03 pm PDT (aka International Hacker Time).
Available as a stream, and in the ether on selected locations. During off-hours, reruns and CC-licensed music will be scheduled by an auto-DJ.
For now, brainstorming on #hackerspacesignal on irc.freenode.net.
The streaming server shows the actual schedule, with dates and hosts.
Signal/voip How to connect to the show virtual studio using kiax2.
- Ogg Vorbis stream, primary stream, preferred
- MP3 stream, derived from Ogg Vorbis stream, slightly delayed
Besides streaming via the BLAH's natural living and hunting grounds3, we're also trying to have some small, local, independent radio stations broadcast our shows (pretty olde sk00l, isn't it? ;) Thoughts so far include:
Archives & Podcast
- The official Signal archive: http://signal.hackerspaces.org/archive/
- Other involved shows:
We're streaming every Thursday from 10 pm - 12 am CEST | 08 pm - 10 pm UTC | 04 pm - 06 pm EDT | 01 pm - 03 pm PDT (aka International Hacker Time)...
- /dev/random (2-hour-show w/call-in; hosted by fish, astera & GMC)
- The HackerSpace Hour (hosted by fish)
- The Hacktivist Hour (hosted by Walter)
- The Maker's Review1
- Room IOI2 (hosted by headhntr & astera)
- Talking Anthropology (hosted by Tom/socialhack)
- Signals And Portents (working title - a show on memetics and phun stuffz)1
- 1. host(s) of the show not confirmed yet
- 2. “You asked me once, what was in Room IOI. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room IOI is Information on Intelligence.”
- 3. The Republic of Boundless L33ts And Hackers, that is - some might still call it the web tho.