Red Mountain Makers
|Red Mountain Makers|
|Country||United States of America|
State or District
Date of founding
5502 1st Avenue N, Birmingham, AL
Number of members
Full member (with storage) - $120/month, Key-holding member - $80/month, Maker - $40/month
|Location||33° 32' 24", -86° 45' 11"|
Red Mountain Makers’ Our mission is to engage in scientific and artistic research, experimentation, and education. We provide a work space, a collaborative and supportive community of peer and project-based education related to technology and artistic expression. We also support the use and development of free and open software, hardware and design.
The space also serves as a resource organization for a number of other community-led tech education programs (supporting members are involved). These include
5502 1st Avenue North in Woodrow Hall.
- Accessible by car and by BJCTA Bus Route 28.
- Parking on street in front of space, and in municipal lot to east of Woodrow Hall.
- Bio Lab
- Circuits Lab
- Computer Lab
- Fiber Lab
- Print Lab
- Shape Lab
- Technical library
- Meeting room
- Private workrooms in space, one currently available for member rental.
- Ceramics Lab
- Video/demo studio
In order to be a Full Member, a person must support the purpose and specific goals of the organization and must pay the monthly membership fee. A member must also provide an electronic mail address for receiving official notice of members’ meetings.
Full Members have the following privileges:
- A key or other method of entry to the physical workspace
- Full access to the physical workspace
- Eligibility to put forth any issue before the board of directors
- Eligibility to vote on any issue put before the membership
- Eligibility to vote for officers and directors
Full Members must also fulfill the following responsibilities:
- A member must thoughtfully contribute to Red Mountain Makers’s direction and policies.
- A member must pay the monthly fee as determined by the board of directors.
- At the time a member's eligibility expires, he must forfeit his or her method of entry in addition to any other property owned by Red Mountain Makers to a member of the board of directors or an agent designated by the board of directors for this purpose.
Group projects we've hosted
- BEAM bots build
- Introduction to Arduino
- Potato Gun Build
- Amplifier Build
- Welding Demonstration
- LED glass brick Matrix
- Power Wheels Race Car for the Atlanta Maker Faire
- Monday Drawing Nights
Regular meeting nights
- Open project nights - Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings, 6 - 9 pm
- Monthly space meeting (organizational bits, 1st Sunday of the month. See the [ https://www.meetup.com/RedMountainMakers/ Meetup page] for latest information.
- Equipment rebuilds
- 3D printing
- Linux working sessions
- Wiki & WordPress working sessions
- Space renovation