|Country||United States of America|
|State or District||Texas|
|Date of founding||2009/05/01|
9701 Dessau Road, Suite #304
|Number of members||270|
|Membership fee||$75 per month with auto-pay, $100 month to month, discount for students & family rates available|
|Size of rooms||8000ft²|
|Members||Eric Michaud, Mrmccabe|
|Open to Exchanges?||no|
|Open to Residencies?||no|
|Location||30° 21' 14.59" N, 97° 40' 18.66" W|
What is it?
We are a collaborative industrial workshop full of people who love to learn and make things!
We have 8,000 square feet of space that is perfect for artists, designers, engineers, makers and hackers, fabbers, scientists, musicians, seminars and workshops, co-working, and a ton of other stuff. We're the perfect place for any project that needs space, involves loud or messy equipment (woodworking, soldering, welding, painting), power (we have 120V, 240V, and 3-phase power), or ventilation for fumes (etching, spray painting, varnish, etc). More importantly, we are an established and ever-growing community. Imagine what we can do when we combine our skills, knowledge, ideas, tools, and materials . . . or see for yourself at our next Open House, every Tuesday evening from 8-11pm. Maybe you're just starting out? There are always some smart, fun people around the hackerspace to help you learn something new. We're hackers (thoroughly defined here), which means we create things and we put things together in new and innovative ways. ATX Hackerspace is dedicated to encouraging and promoting technical, scientific, and artistic skills through projects, collaboration, and education by all legal means.
- Create an open community of hackers, artists, and open source/hardware enthusiasts to create, share, learn, and collaborate.
- Help spread knowledge to the larger community, especially in the areas of technology, DIY, security, and privacy.
- Provide a space for creating, collaborations, workshops, and classes.
- Provide resources (hardware, tools, materials, access, knowledge) to members and the community.
- Assist other groups that share similar objectives.
- Seek to enable others, and others' projects; to help break down barriers, and to avoid erecting barriers.
- 24/7 keycard access to lounge, workshops, and class space
- [Co-Working facilities for rent]
- Free banker box storage ( one per member )
- Access to tools that a safety class has been taken for (SBU)
- Access to the general stock of materials and resources at a discount ( Adafruit, etc.. )
- Free use of most tools (e.g. - Laser cutter, woodworking, etc)
- Use of metered/cost tools at a discount ( e.g. makerbot )
- Purchase materials at a discount (laser materials, etc.)
- Member-Owners have voting rights at the annual, quarterly, special, and emergency member meetings
- Access to Internet, Lounge, Classroom during Open Hours/Open House ( Event Hosting Member needs to be present )
- Code, hang out, work on projects and meet other creative hackers
- Access to Events (full cost)
- Signup/Attend Classes (full cost)
- Purchase materials (full cost)
- Use of tools and resources that require no supervision
|This Hackerspace has a||3D Printer|
|This Hackerspace has a||Arcade|
|This Hackerspace has a||CNC|
|This Hackerspace has a||Lasercutter|
|This Hackerspace has a||Drill Press|
|This Hackerspace has a||Welder|
|This Hackerspace has a||Air Compressor|
|This Hackerspace has a||Portable Bandsaw|
|This Hackerspace has a||Soldering Iron|
|This Hackerspace has a||Hot Air Rework Station|