|Country||United States of America|
|State or District||Iowa|
|Phone||1-515-975- three six seven one|
328 Main Street, Suite 15
|Size of rooms||~1000 ft²|
|Location||42° 1' 38.41" N, 93° 37' 53.71" W|
- Meet2Make: ............. Thursday, 7pm
- Brewing: .................. 1st Saturday each month
- Hackertainment: ...... 2nd Saturday each month
- Web Development: ... 3rd Saturday each month
The Ames MakerSpace is a place for community, that is...
The space and its members value...
- Dell Server
- Books (education and instruction)
- Random computer parts
- Soldering irons
- Video camera
- Basic brewing equipment
- Guitar amp
- Assortment of hand-tools
- X-ray/Negative viewer
- Turntable and phono amp
- Negative scanner
- Circular saw
- LCD Projector
- and more... 
(as of 2/24/11)
- Get the word out
- Make things!
(as of 2/24/11)
- Upgrade the website
- Expand equipment list
- More regularly occurring events
- Establish open hours
Add your name to the lists below by editing this section of the page. Join our forums 
- Nitin Gadia
- Steven Lischer
- Michael Nolan
- Steven Ourada
- Alex Renner
- Name - How you would like to help.
- Nathan Gordon - General construction, woodworking, metal working, CNC
- Tim Kromphardt - Real estate connections in Ames/Boone might help secure cheap property, general construction, woodworking, can donate free PC hardware if needed.
Want to Learn More
- Nathan Gordon
- Nate Nuzum (email@example.com)
- Ethan Harstad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rob Lourens (email@example.com)
- Marty Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geoffrey Gurak (email@example.com)
- Tim Kromphardt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Easy* (email@example.com)
- Discussions about starting a hackerspace began February 2010
- A mailing list was started on 3/4/10
- This wiki page was started 3/10/10
- June 2010, discussion picked up again.
- First meeting held 6/22/10 @7p
- July 2010, investigating locations.
- August 2010, researching legal and insurance. Writing bylaws.
- Articles of Incorporation Signed! 8/24/10
- Bylaws passed 9/21/10
- Space acquired November 2010
- Space open January 2011
- CMKT4 workshop and performance April 2011
- First Student Open House November 2011
- Brewing workshops started February 2012